Michael Phillips, born June 6, 1944; admitted to Bar, 1969, Texas; also admitted to practice before U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit; U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas.
Preparatory and Legal Education:
- University of Texas at Austin (B.A., 1966; J.D., 1969)
- Order of Barristers (1969)
- Briefing Attorney for Hon. John F. Onion, Jr., Presiding Judge, Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, Texas, 1969-70
- Special Counsel for State Bar of Texas, 1994 - 2000
- Member, Harris County Grievance Committee 12-G, l978-84
Memberships and Other Honors:
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston and American Bar Associations
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- State Bar of Texas Pattern Jury Charge II Committee (Vice Chairman)
- Chair, Administration of Justice Committee, Houston Bar Association, 1998
- Founding Member, Houston Bar Foundation
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Publications and Lectures:
- Lecturer at over 45 Continuing Legal Education Seminars, approved by the State Bar of Texas
- Author: "Dodging the Malpractice and Grievance Bullet;" "Defending Bad Faith and Penalties;" "Problems and Developments In Pattern Jury Charge II"
- Co-author: "Administrative Penalties and Sanctions"-Chapter 44 of Matthew Bender & Co., Inc.'s Texas Workers' Compensation Law, Volume II; "Tips on Direct and Cross Examination of a Claims Person in a Bad Faith Case"
Mr. Phillips left a thriving practice with a then major defense firm in 1982 to found this firm. He has been a regular and constant fixture at courthouses throughout the state over the years, trying to verdict over 350 cases. As the founding partner in Michael Phillips Law, he has guided the firm in its development and growth. He has nevertheless found time to dedicate towards many and various civic and charitable causes, in addition to serving the profession which has served him.
Mr. Phillips' direct line: 713-858-5262
7500 San Felipe, Suite 600
Houston, TX 77063
Phone: (713) 892-5050
Direct: (713) 858-5262
Fax: (713) 789-8395